The LEGO group have released their 2016 annual financial report and it's all positives for the company that continues to grow year on year. 2016 has been billed as the LEGO group's highest grossing year for revenue in the companies 85 year history along side releasing 335 new products in 2016.
Here are some of the highlights of 2016 for the LEGO group.
- Revenue for the full year increased by 6.0 percent in DKK to DKK 37.9 billion compared with DKK 35.8 billion for 2015.
- Revenue for the full year increased 5.5 percent compared with 2015, excluding the impact of foreign currency exchange.
- Operating profit (profit before financial items and tax) for 2016 was DKK 12.4 billion compared with DKK 12.2 billion for 2015, an increase of 1.7 percent year on year.
- Net profit for the full year was DKK 9.4 billion compared with DKK 9.2 billion in 2015.
- Cash flow from operating activities for the year was DKK 9.1 billion compared with DKK 10.6 billion in 2015.
- Tax on profit for the year amounts to DKK 3.0 billion, unchanged from 2015.
- Significant investments were made in building capacity and capability to deliver the group's long-term growth ambition.
You can find out all the ins and outs of the report over at www.lego.com.